July’s New York Monthly Meeting’s Spotlight featured Marv Berenblum ’56, the longstanding board chair of National Executive Service Corps (NESC), a nonprofit founded in 1977.
NESC’s mission is to strengthen and empower the management of nonprofit organizations, schools, and government agencies by providing high-quality, affordable consulting services. They have completed over 2,000 consulting projects for 1,200 nonprofits of all sizes in the New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut tri-state area, helping them address their challenges and capitalize on their opportunities.
- Board Development
- Marketing Strategy and Branding
- Business & Strategic Planning
- Human Resources
- Leadership Development and Coaching
- Meeting and Retreat Facilitation
- Partnerships and Collaborations
Executive Search: NESC also offers extensive executive search services. Their experienced executive search team conducts industry-standard searches, using proprietary methods and original research to help nonprofits identify, recruit and hire highly qualified senior executives.
For an affordable fee, approximately half of what commercial search firms charge, NESC can ensure that nonprofits fill their executive posts with top-flight and appropriate new leaders. Moreover, since NESC, like its clients, is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization, it well understands — much better than can a commercial search firm — a nonprofit client’s culture and operations.
Examples of recent searches conducted:
- For a large social services organization serving the low-income elderly, NESC recruited six new C-Suite Board Members with diverse functional expertise.
- For a major international museum and education center, the NESC search team recruited a new Chief Financial Officer.
- For an international education organization, NESC recruited a Board Member, Chief Marketing Officer and a Director of Information Systems & Technology.
To learn more about NESC and how they can help your organization please contact Marv Berenblum.