Wednesday, February 6, 2019 1:00-2:00 PM ET
Planned Giving — John Bacon, The Metropolitan Museum of Art
Planned giving can be an important source of support for your organization, no matter how big or small. In this webinar, participants learned about:
- The different types of planned gifts and what motivates them
- The importance of bequests and beneficiary designations and the benefits and pitfalls of life income gifts
- How to prospect for planned gifts from your supporters
- The importance of stewardship of planned giving donors
- Back-end considerations including how to use realized bequests and how to deal with problem estates and surviving family
John Bacon ’85 shares best practices and examples from his experience running the planned giving programs at The New York Public Library and The Metropolitan Museum of Art. Even if your organization cannot devote major resources to such a program, you can take simple steps to identify and secure legacy commitments to supplement your other sources of financial support. The donors are out there and your organization can be included in their estate plans!
You can access the recording of the webinar here and learn about upcoming webinars here.