Going Forward with Trust & Equity
Wednesday, July 8, 2020
Going Forward with Trust & Equity – Speakers Below
As the COVID crisis continues to devastate communities of color, how can philanthropy address the existential threat to nonprofits serving our most vulnerable populations?
This YANA webinar featured four of the leading thought leaders addressing this challenge:
- Antony Bugg-Levine ‘96, Nonprofit Finance Fund (moderator)
- Crystal Hayling ‘86, The Libra Foundation
- Nike Irvin ‘85, Civil Society Fellowship: A Partnership of ADL & The Aspen Institute
- Noel Poyo ‘98, National Association of Latino Community Asset Builders
The panel was moderated by Antony Bugg-Levine, CEO of the Nonprofit Finance Fund, and discussed a range of timely issues, including:
- To what degree has structural racism impacted the foundation and grant-making communities?
- What role can philanthropy play in preventing COVID from entrenching further inequity?
- How can we reimagine how nonprofits are funded to ensure racial equity in a post COVID world?
- How can grantmakers, nonprofits, and communities work together with a unified sense of purpose and urgency?